DR HDMI 4K
Dr HDMI 4K can help to solve most HDMI issues such as handshaking issue, compatibility issue and/or any EDID related issue. It help to keep a source always ON or tricked into a defined state which is especially useful for system integrators.
Dr HDMI 4K can also boost signal integrity and extend +5v signal through a HDMI/DVI-D chain. For example, it can work hands in hands with HDfury products to extend compatibility range. It can also be used to limit the source output resolution.
Dr HDMI 4K acts as an EDID manager, HDMI/DVI-D emulator and repeater that comes with pre-defined presets, user programmable banks, Sink EDID sniffing bank, HTPC mode and more !
Instructions and overview for Dr. HDMI 4K
Doctor HDMI 4K will solve most HDCP/HDMI issues by just being connected between source and display. Once connected it can be set on the fly to perform specific EDID and Hot plug event.
There are a total of forty EDID banks (40) inside the unit. When you press up or down on the rotary button you can quickly move between any of them to select the desired one. Once you stop for a second or so, the system actually activates the selected EDID and starts the HPD (hot-plug) event. This is the event where Dr.HDMI 4K will inform the source device that EDID has changed so the source must reconfigure it’s own internal settings. This takes about 2 seconds as per standards. During this time you will not be able to change the EDID. After HPD event concludes you are free to change edid again if wanted.
If you press the copy sink button, the display’s EDID is copied and placed into the EDID bank number 8. Once it is done, HPD event is also created and completes in about 2 seconds.
EDID banks are separated as follows:
- FHD side: EDID 1-8 are presets factory configured and cannot be changed by user. However, They can be updated with a firmware update.
- UHD side: EDID 1-8 are presets factory configured and cannot be changed by user, each of them is available with 3 possible audio format support (Stereo/Red, 5.1/Yellow or Full Audio/Green). They can be updated with a firmware update.
- UHD side: Custom EDID 1-7 are user configurable by the PC software.
- UHD side: EDID 8 is the reserved one for downloading from the display.
This device also has internal logic to support HDCP streams by sniffing all DDC packets and filtering the EDID requests but passing all HDCP handshakes.
The PC software can be used to edit any of the parameters on the fly or it can be used to load/save any customer EDID.
Power is either drawn from the HDMI connector or from the USB port if connected.
Firmware upgrades can be sent with a single .exe file automatically so no additional software is needed. Just launch the .exe.
List of the 40 EDID Banks available:
[BOTTOM SIDE] BLUE LED MODE / FHD TABLES
- 1 – 1080p60-444-225M-3D-FULLAUDIO
- 2 – 1080p60-444-225M-3D-SPDIF
- 3 – 1080p60-444-8b-150M-3D-STEREO
- 4 – 1080p24-444-12b-112M-SPDIF
- 5 – 1080i60-444-8b-75M-SPDIF
- 6 – 1080i60-444-8b-75M-STEREO
- 7 – 720p60-444-8b-75M-SPDIF
- 8 – 480p60-444-8b-30M-STEREO
[TOP SIDE] GREEN LED MODE / UHD – FULL AUDIO TABLES
- 1 – 4k60-444-600M-HDR-BT2020-3D-FULLAUDIO
- 2 – 4k60-444-600M-3D-FULLAUDIO
- 3 – 4k60-420-12b-450M-HDR-BT2020-3D-FULLAUDIO
- 4 – 4k60-420-12b-450M-3D-FULLAUDIO
- 5 – 4k60-420-8b-300M-HDR-BT2020-3D-FULLAUDIO
- 6 – 4k60-420-8b-300M-3D-FULLAUDIO
- 7 – 4k30-444-300M-HDR-BT2020-3D-FULLAUDIO
- 8 – 4k30-444-300M-3D-FULLAUDIO
[TOP SIDE] YELLOW LED MODE / UHD – SPDIF MAX LIMIT AUDIO TABLES
- 1 – 4k60-444-600M-HDR-BT2020-3D-SPDIF
- 2 – 4k60-444-600M-3D-SPDIF
- 3 – 4k60-420-12b-450M-HDR-BT2020-3D-SPDIF
- 4 – 4k60-420-12b-450M-3D-SPDIF
- 5 – 4k60-420-8b-300M-HDR-BT2020-3D-SPDIF
- 6 – 4k60-420-8b-300M-3D-SPDIF
- 7 – 4k30-444-300M-HDR-BT2020-3D-SPDIF
- 8 – 4k30-444-300M-3D-SPDIF
[TOP SIDE] RED LED MODE / UHD – STEREO AUDIO TABLES
- 1 – 4k60-444-600M-HDR-BT2020-3D-STEREO
- 2 – 4k60-444-600M-3D-STEREO
- 3 – 4k60-420-12b-450M-HDR-BT2020-3D-STEREO
- 4 – 4k60-420-12b-450M-3D-STEREO
- 5 – 4k60-420-8b-300M-HDR-BT2020-3D-STEREO
- 6 – 4k60-420-8b-300M-3D-STEREO
- 7 – 4k30-444-300M-HDR-BT2020-3D-STEREO
- 8 – 4k30-444-300M-3D-STEREO
[TOP SIDE] WHITE LED MODE / UHD – CUSTOM TABLES AND DOWNSTREAM COPY
- 1 – SAMSUNG Q9FN XBOXLowLat HDR10+
- 2 – SONY A1 – DV/LLDV Version 2
- 3 – LG 65C7 – DV Version 1
- 4 – VIZIO M50E1 – DV Version 0
- 5 – 4k60-420-12b-450M-BT2020-3D-FULLAUDIO
- 6 – 4k60-420-12b-450M-BT2020-3D-STEREO
- 7 – 1080p60-12b-222M-HDR-BT2020-3D-FULLAUDIO
- 8 – COPY DOWNSTREAM EDID
Dr. HDMI 4K Technical Specs
- HDMI 2.0b compliance
- 18Gbps/600MHz support with 0ms latency !
- 40 EDID banks (8 FHD, 24 UHD, 7 user programmable, 1 copy from Sink device)
- Reset HPD-event on the fly !
- Up to 50 meters cable loss compensation
- Keep source’s HDMI/DVI-D output active
- USB upgradable and flashable from computer
- User programmable EDID Banks
- Sink EDID sniffing feature
- Extand signal integrity up to 50 meters !
- HTPC mode (avoid Windows detection of output device status)
- Any resolution including HDMI standards
- Video Bandwidth : 18 Gbps
- Video support: Single-link 600MHz
- Audio support: Atmos, DTS-X, Dolby True HD & DTS Master Audio, etc..
- Input cable equalization
- +5V HDMI Power injector
- Support extended EDID CEA861, 256 bytes
- HDCP Pass-Through
- Lip Sync Pass-Through
- CEC Protocol Pass-Through
- Power : Universal USB power adaptor
- Compliance: HDCP/FCC/CE
- Warranty : 1 year (extendable)
- Dimension : 60mm W x 40mm D x 20mm H
- Net weight : 50 gramms
- Input/Output connector: HDMI female
- USB: Mini USB-B female connector