Dr HDMI 8K can help to solve most HDMI issues such as handshaking issue, compatibility issue and/or any EDID related issue. It help to keep a source always ON or tricked into a defined state which is especially useful for system integrators.
Dr HDMI 8K can also boost signal integrity and extend +5v signal through a HDMI/DVI-D chain. For example, it can work hands in hands with HDfury products to extend compatibility range. It can also be used to limit the source output resolution.
Dr HDMI 8K acts as an EDID manager, HDMI/DVI-D emulator and repeater that comes with pre-defined presets, user programmable banks, Sink EDID sniffing bank, HTPC mode and more !
Dr HDMI 8K Key Features:
- Unique FRL5/40Gbps/1200MHz support with 0ms latency + FRL6/48Gbps/1500MHz under testing
- Unlock new capabilities on LG 4K OLED from 2019/2020!
- Solve Most HDMI issues !
- Fix HDMI handshaking issue
- EDID Manager and Detective feature
- Easy EDID table manipulation via embedded Webserver, control button and OLED or RS232
- HDMI/DVI-D emulator and repeater
- Maintain 8K and 4K, 3840×2160, 2160p video without losing sync.
- 100 Predefined Banks (8K VRR, 4K HDR, 4K LLDV, 4K HLG, 4K HDR10+, FullHD 3D, FullHD, 1080i, 720p, etc..)
- 10 User programmable EDID Banks
- Support: VRR, HDR, HDR10+, HLG, DV & LLDV, ALLM, IMAX
- All DV modes supported including DV mode 0, mode 1, mode 2 and LLDV
- Sink EDID sniffing feature
- Extend signal integrity up to 50 meters !
- HTPC mode to avoid detection of the connected sink status
- Live signal info and details on OSD and OLED
- +5V Injector feature to power active cable
- RS232 Control for remote administration and integrators setup
- HDCP compliant
Dr HDMI technical specs:
|HDMI revision:||HDMI 2.1 – FRL5:1200Mcsc/40Gbps + FRL6:1500Mcsc/48Gbps under testing|
|Dr.8K Support:||FRL5 1200MHz/40Gbps HDR, HDR10+, HLG, DV & LLDV, eARC, ALLM, VRR, IMAX|
|Max Resolution:||8K60 4:4:4 8b, 8K60 4:2:2 12b, 4K120 4:4:4 8b or 8K60 4:2:0 8b|
|TOTAL I/O:||1 HDMI In, 1 HDMI Out, 1 RJ45/Ethernet (webserver), 1 USB-C (power); 1 RS232 jack|
|EDID Banks:||100 EDID banks (18 FHD, 48 UHD, 10 user programmable, 1 copy from Sink device)|
|Signal Integrity:||Up to 50 meters cable loss compensation|
|Operating Modes:||EDID management, HTPC mode, +5V HDMI Power injector|
|Special:||Reset HPD-event on the fly, Cable equalization, HDCP Pass-Thru, Lip Sync Pass-Thru, CEC Protocol Pass-Thru|
|EDID Modes:||Custom EDID, Predefined EDID, Copy Sink, Mixing|
|Control Modes:||Webserver, OLED and rotary switch with click and push buttons, RS232|
|Audio support:||Atmos, DTS-X, Dolby True HD & DTS Master Audio, etc..|
|OLED:||1″ Diagonal, 128×64, 2 colors|
|Dr.8K Size:||3.9″L x 2.3″W x 0.8″H – in CM: 10 x 6 x 2.2|
|Dr.8K Weight:||120g – 0.26 LBS|
|Input Lag:||<1ms (nanoseconds count)|
|Other info:||3D Support, DSD, eARC (HDMI2.1),|
Getting Started with Dr. HDMI 8K
Instructions and overview for Dr. HDMI 8K
DR HDMI 8K will solve most HDCP/HDMI issues by just being connected between source and display. Once connected it can be set on the fly to perform specific EDID and Hot plug event.
There are a total of forty EDID banks (40) inside the unit. When you press up or down on the rotary button you can quickly move between any of them to select the desired one. Once you stop for a second or so, the system actually activates the selected EDID and starts the HPD (hot-plug) event. This is the event where Dr.HDMI 8K will inform the source device that EDID has changed so the source must reconfigure it’s own internal settings. This takes about 2 seconds as per standards. During this time you will not be able to change the EDID. After HPD event concludes you are free to change edid again if wanted.
If you press the copy sink button, the display’s EDID is copied and placed into the EDID bank number 8. Once it is done, HPD event is also created and completes in about 2 seconds.
EDID banks are separated as follows:
- FHD side: EDID 1-8 are presets factory configured and cannot be changed by user. However, They can be updated with a firmware update.
- UHD side: EDID 1-8 are presets factory configured and cannot be changed by user, each of them is available with 3 possible audio format support (Stereo/Red, 5.1/Yellow or Full Audio/Green). They can be updated with a firmware update.
- UHD side: Custom EDID 1-7 are user configurable by the PC software.
- UHD side: EDID 8 is the reserved one for downloading from the display.
This device also has internal logic to support HDCP streams by sniffing all DDC packets and filtering the EDID requests but passing all HDCP handshakes.
The PC software can be used to edit any of the parameters on the fly or it can be used to load/save any customer EDID.
List of the 40 EDID Banks available
[BOTTOM SIDE] BLUE LED MODE / FHD TABLES
- 1 – 1080p60-444-225M-3D-FULLAUDIO
- 2 – 1080p60-444-225M-3D-SPDIF
- 3 – 1080p60-444-8b-150M-3D-STEREO
- 4 – 1080p24-444-12b-112M-SPDIF
- 5 – 1080i60-444-8b-75M-SPDIF
- 6 – 1080i60-444-8b-75M-STEREO
- 7 – 720p60-444-8b-75M-SPDIF
- 8 – 480p60-444-8b-30M-STEREO
[TOP SIDE] GREEN LED MODE / UHD – FULL AUDIO TABLES
- 1 – 4k60-444-600M-HDR-BT2020-3D-FULLAUDIO
- 2 – 4k60-444-600M-3D-FULLAUDIO
- 3 – 4k60-420-12b-450M-HDR-BT2020-3D-FULLAUDIO
- 4 – 4k60-420-12b-450M-3D-FULLAUDIO
- 5 – 4k60-420-8b-300M-HDR-BT2020-3D-FULLAUDIO
- 6 – 4k60-420-8b-300M-3D-FULLAUDIO
- 7 – 4k30-444-300M-HDR-BT2020-3D-FULLAUDIO
- 8 – 4k30-444-300M-3D-FULLAUDIO
[TOP SIDE] YELLOW LED MODE / UHD – SPDIF MAX LIMIT AUDIO TABLES
- 1 – 4k60-444-600M-HDR-BT2020-3D-SPDIF
- 2 – 4k60-444-600M-3D-SPDIF
- 3 – 4k60-420-12b-450M-HDR-BT2020-3D-SPDIF
- 4 – 4k60-420-12b-450M-3D-SPDIF
- 5 – 4k60-420-8b-300M-HDR-BT2020-3D-SPDIF
- 6 – 4k60-420-8b-300M-3D-SPDIF
- 7 – 4k30-444-300M-HDR-BT2020-3D-SPDIF
- 8 – 4k30-444-300M-3D-SPDIF
[TOP SIDE] RED LED MODE / UHD – STEREO AUDIO TABLES
- 1 – 4k60-444-600M-HDR-BT2020-3D-STEREO
- 2 – 4k60-444-600M-3D-STEREO
- 3 – 4k60-420-12b-450M-HDR-BT2020-3D-STEREO
- 4 – 4k60-420-12b-450M-3D-STEREO
- 5 – 4k60-420-8b-300M-HDR-BT2020-3D-STEREO
- 6 – 4k60-420-8b-300M-3D-STEREO
- 7 – 4k30-444-300M-HDR-BT2020-3D-STEREO
- 8 – 4k30-444-300M-3D-STEREO
[TOP SIDE] WHITE LED MODE / UHD – CUSTOM TABLES AND DOWNSTREAM COPY
- 1 – SAMSUNG Q9FN XBOXLowLat HDR10+
- 2 – SONY A1 – DV/LLDV Version 2
- 3 – LG 65C7 – DV Version 1
- 4 – VIZIO M50E1 – DV Version 0
- 5 – 4k60-420-12b-450M-BT2020-3D-FULLAUDIO
- 6 – 4k60-420-12b-450M-BT2020-3D-STEREO
- 7 – 1080p60-12b-222M-HDR-BT2020-3D-FULLAUDIO
- 8 – COPY DOWNSTREAM EDID
Got questions ? We have answers !
What output power Dr.HDMI 8K can supply ?
When used with a power supply connected to the USB, it will give as much as the power supply is capable.
How do you switch between Banks ?
There are a total of forty (40) EDID banks inside the unit. When you press up or down button you can quickly move between any of them to select the desired one. Once you stop for a second or so, the system actually activates the selected EDID and starts the HPD (hot-plug) event. This is the event where Dr.HDMI 8K will inform the source device that EDID has changed so the source must reconfigure it’s own internal settings. This takes about 2 seconds as per standards. During this time you will not be able to change the EDID. After HPD event concludes you are free to change edid again if wanted.
If you press the copy sink button, the display’s EDID is copied and placed into the Custom EDID bank number 8 (White LED). Once it is done, HPD event is also created and completes in about 2 seconds.